What To Do If You Have These Gum Disease Symptoms
Many believe that daily brushing and flossing is enough to stay away from dental issues but in some cases, this is not sufficient. It is thus important to visit clinic for regular checkups. Just like teeth, gum is an essential part of your mouth. Maintaining overall gum health is essential otherwise it may cause severe gum diseases that can also lead to tooth loss.
In case, you observe any gum diseases symptoms you must reach a dentist for dental treatment.
Look For These Signs
There can be two stages of gum disease
- Gingitivitis – This is early stage of gum disease which is caused due to plaque deposit. This may irritate your gum.
- Periodontitis – This is the advanced stage of gum disease. When exceeded, it may cause severe issues in your teeth and breathe.
Some of the common symptoms of gum disease can be:
- Swollen gum – Plaque and bacteria deposit can cause irritation in your gum which may result in swollen or tender gums.
- Receding gum – If gum disease further exceeds, it may also lead to gum receding issues. This may be detected with the movement of your teeth.
- Bleeding after teeth cleaning – Bleeding is one of the clear indications to identify that your gum is affected. You are suffering from gum disease if you get blood after brushing or flossing.
- Bad breath – Halitosis is a common issue which is often caused when harmful bacteria infect the gum that may cause bad breath.
- Loose teeth – Infected gum may also lead to losing tooth which is a clear indication of gum disease.
Gum Disease Treatment
Any of the above symptoms is an indication that you need gum disease treatment. If detected at early stage, it can be treated just by cleaning. Further, if it is more, scaling and root planning may be suggested by a dentist. If the problems reach above the normal level and gum diseases and plaque deposit have been exceeded underneath gum line, advanced treatment is to be obtained.