Why is A Smile Makeover Helpful to Gain Confidence?
Have you ever wondered how celebrities are able to maintain such perfectly white and glowing smiles throughout their careers? While a lot goes into maintaining a white smile, the beginning of many such stories is a smile makeover in Omaha, NE.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
It is a term that describes tremendous transformations of your smile to improve how it looks. Smile makeovers are achievable through various dental protocols in cosmetic dentistry. A dentist near you may have to perform more than one procedure before you can achieve the smile of your dreams.
Smile makeovers are different for every patient, usually based on their underlying needs and preferences. A dentist in 68132 would first evaluate your oral cavity to determine the initial flaws you have before coming up with a treatment plan that can transform your smile’s appearance. After that, the dentist can change your smile’s appearance regarding teeth’ color, size, shape, height, and spacing. Besides that, Dr. Michelle Chang can propose cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance of your gum lie relative to your teeth’ sizes.
Which Procedures Can Makeover Your Smile?
When you visit us at Anding Family Dental for a smile makeover, be open to the idea of undergoing different dental procedures. Sometimes we can employ one dental appliance to achieve various modifications, but most times, it requires more than one. Besides, the treatment protocols for smile makeovers are for aesthetic benefits. However, they will also impact the functionality of your oral cavity after treatment. Some of the procedures you can anticipate for a smile makeover are:
- Teeth contouring – the goal is to change the shape of teeth to achieve symmetry and evenness. Teeth contouring is possible through two major approaches, which are, using dental veneers or composite bonding.
- Smile whitening – teeth whitening in Omaha is perhaps the most common cosmetic procedure in dentistry. It entails removing stains and discolorations from teeth to whiten them. Typical teeth whitening procedures involve enamel bleaching. However, it is not always that the dentist will whiten your teeth by bleaching them. Sometimes, dental veneers and composite bonding can do the trick.
- Teeth straightening – the alignment of teeth impacts the general appearance of your smile. Shifting teeth is typically under the jurisdiction of orthodontists in dentistry. The protocol for teeth straightening involves wearing braces for a particular amount of time, usually between 6 and 18 months. If you are looking for a cosmetically-friendly teeth aligner, you should opt for Invisalign® braces. However, there are other approaches for closing spaces between teeth and straightening crooked teeth without braces. It is possible through dental veneers and dental crowns.
- Gum contouring – is a procedure for reshaping the gum line relative you’re your teeth’ sizes. Gum contouring typically focuses on treating a gummy smile so that teeth are not too small when you smile. However, the treatment can also repair damaged and receded gums through grafting surgery.
- Tooth replacement – losing a natural tooth will leave an obvious gap in your jawbone that people can notice. Replacing your teeth, therefore, should be a priority during a smile makeover. Dentists can use various approaches to replace your missing teeth, including dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. Dentures are suitable for multiple teeth replacements, offering a solution even if you are toothless. Dental bridges, on the other hand, work best for replacing one to three missing teeth in a row. Dental implants are the oral appliances you choose when you want a permanent solution for tooth loss.
When Do You Know You Need a Smile Makeover?
Unlike urgent oral problems that require speedy attention from an emergency dentist in Omaha, smile makeovers often comprise elective dental protocols. It means that you can survive and thrive without undergoing a smile makeover. However, if you want to improve the quality of your life, you cannot shy away from procedures that can help your journey. Some of the dental issues that a smile makeover can address are:
- Spaces between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Missing teeth
- Yellowed, dull, or stained teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Receded gums
- Gummy smile
- Oddly shaped teeth
- Decayed teeth