How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last? Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Everybody loves a bright white smile. However, most people do not have a naturally white smile due to factors like diet, age, lifestyle, and genes. Fortunately, it is possible to have a whiter smile through teeth whitening in Omaha. Teeth whitening is a process that utilizes bleaching agents to lift stains off teeth. Whitening can be done at the dentist or using store-bought products.
The duration of the teeth bleaching procedure is determined by the person doing it and the products used. For example, whitening by the dentist in Omaha takes about an hour and a half with immediate results. However, at-home whitening usually takes longer. For example, you may use whitening toothpaste for up to six weeks before seeing any results.
How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
The longevity of your whitening depends on the procedure and products used. Teeth whitening by a dentist, also known as professional whitening, lasts the longest. The effects can last from six months to three years. For example, ZOOM!® teeth whitening lasts up to 24 months or longer with the dentist’s help in 68124.
When you use over-the-counter products, the results may last for a few weeks or months. It is because of the low peroxide concentration compared to those used professionally. For example, when you use whitening strips, the results last 2-4 months. On the other hand, effects obtained when using whitening pens last for a few days.
The aftercare provided after whitening teeth also determines how long the results last. This is because diet, lifestyle, and dental hygiene, can interfere with the new smile. Consequently, if you want your teeth whitening effects to last longer, you should take proper care of your teeth after the treatment.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- The treatment removes deep teeth stains caused by age, lifestyles, and dietary habits. It also lightens and dissolves stains caused by poor oral hygiene. Therefore, teeth whitening in Omaha leaves your teeth looking whiter and more attractive.
- It improves the appearance of dull or yellow teeth, impacting confidence and self-esteem. The whitened smile will help you feel better about your looks.
- Teeth whitening also improves dental health. The treatment helps to reduce bacteria that contribute to staining, decay, and gum disease.
- Stained and discolored teeth make you look older and unattractive. Whitening them gives you a more youthful appearance.
- The procedure is fast and easy, and the dentist near you can perform it in a single appointment. Therefore, you can get it immediately before attending events that need you to look your best.
- If your smile looks white, people are less likely to notice other imperfections. for example, they may overlook chips and fractures, giving you time to seek treatment.
Tips for Long-Lasting Teeth Whitening Effects
The results of teeth bleaching are not permanent. Fortunately, the effects can last longer if you take proper care of your teeth. Adequate maintenance begins immediately after whitening to avoid re-staining. The opened teeth’ pores increase the risk of new stains. The dentist in Omaha recommends:
- Brushing and flossing properly daily to prevent plaque buildup.
- Rinsing or brushing after taking foods or beverages is likely to stain teeth.
- Chewing sugar-free gum to help remove food particles that can lead to discoloration.
- Using whitening toothpaste from time to time to remove surface stains.
- Avoiding foods and drinks that stain teeth. Some are coffee, red wine, tea, grape juice, sauces, and berries.
- Quitting smoking because the nicotine in tobacco stains teeth to a yellowish brown.
- Using drinking straws whenever you take drinks that can discolor your teeth.
Improve Your Smile With Us
Do you want to rejuvenate your smile through teeth whitening by a dentist near you? Then book an appointment with us at Anding Family Dental. We will professionally whiten your teeth, giving them a naturally bright appearance. In addition, our experts can rejuvenate permanently stained teeth. They do so through procedures such as teeth bonding, crowns, and veneers.
Our team provides teeth whitening aftercare to ensure your smile is whiter for a long time. In addition, we offer touch-ups and professional cleanings every few months for an ever-white smile. We use materials resistant to staining when using restorations to cover permanent stains.